We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

what is the quickest and cheapest way to get from the station to st stephens green, does the LUAS run this way or do I need to take a bus, if so what number.

Thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
875 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

It's about a 10 min walk. Over O'Connell Bridge, straight to College Green and Grafton St. Is on your left. Stephens Green is at the top of Grafton St.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
875 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

It's about a 10 min walk. Over O'Connell Bridge, straight to College Green and Grafton St. Is on your left. Stephens Green is at the top of Grafton St.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

Dart line heading Southward. Get off at second stop after boarding, at Pearse Street station in Westland Row. Walk up from there alongside Merrion Square to Merrion Row and turn right. It will take about 7 or 8 minutes. Having said that I would walk from Connolly direct. It would take about 15 minutes.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

A number 14 or 15 bus will take you from Connolly to St Stephen's Green.

Ask the driver for the City Centre fare of 60c.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

I think 10 - 15 minutes is a very optimistic timing for the walk from Connolly to St Stephen's Green. I would allow something more like 25 - 30 minutes, more if I was going for an interview or something like that.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

Here are links to the Nos 14 and 15 buses timetable, which might help you with your planning.

14 - dublinbus.ie/en/…

15 - http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/7945/15(2).pdf

Both of them stop in Kildare St, and St Stephen's Green will be at the top of Kildare St (2 minutes walk, but depending where exactly you need to go around St Stephens Green, may be a bit longer timewise).

If you do opt to walk, I would agree with Lollymcd, it's a 25 minute walk, and if you have luggage, it will take longer, in which case, the bus would be the better option

7. Re: Connolly Street Station to St Stephens green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:17