We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Dublin now

NY, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in Dublin now

Hello, I would like to know what is the weather like in Dublin now? Do I need a heavy coat?

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Dublin now

It was a beautiful morning but it's clouding over a bit now. I don't think there's any need for a heavy coat, a rainjacket and maybe a scarf should do the job.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in Dublin now

The weather forecast for the rest of the month is very wet and cool with potential wind next week.

Layers are good. With a waterproof top.

At the moment here in Limerick I'm looking out at the sunshine in the garden with the trees gently moving in the wind. But the sky is getting darker and the laptop is keeping me warm.

AL
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in Dublin now

Good to know; I have been checking the weather for Dublin, Dingle, Cashel & Doolin for the last few weeks (as we are leaving next week for our trip) and I hate that it's cooler and a little wetter than a few weeks ago, but that's OK. The raincoats and umbrellas are out and ready to be packed. Perhaps we can bring some of the warm weather from South Alabama to with us next week! ;)

Central NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in Dublin now

We have been here since Sunday and have managed very well with layers including long sleeved t-shirts, fleece vest and medium weight jackets. I also wore a sweatshirt jacket as well one evening. We have had a little sun and a little rain every day except today, which has been mostly sunny. Temps have on the cool side but comfortable. Note we are from NY so our definition of "cool" may differ from yours!

AL
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in Dublin now

Yeah, being from Alabama "cool" can be the 60s (15C or so) this time of year! The mornings have been around 50 or 55 (10-12) so I've been telling myself that's what it will feel like in Ireland all day! I've got plenty of layers layed out to pack; the good thing about layers is being able to mix & match. 50Penny I hope you're having a great trip! We can't wait!!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in Dublin now

I was dodging (sometimes unsuccessfully) the showers in Waterford today just wearing a light cardigan over my cotton top. It wasn't cold. It is in fact real April weather - sunshine and showers.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in Dublin now

The weather at the moment here is not that different to what you would get in NY this time of year. I don;t think you'd need a heavy coat. Just layers and whatever you would wear for rain at home.

central coast...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in Dublin now

we are arriving late april.

I am debating on trying to purchase (last minute) a waterproof jacket.

The jacket i intended to bring seems to be more water resistant than waterproof..

Will the original jacket be ok--not planning hiking outside or such.

sweaters/fleece? turtlenecks?

trying to limit amount .

thanks

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in Dublin now

5cities,

I personally would not go to Ireland (at any time of year) with just a water resistant jacket. I would definitely try to find a waterproof one and make sure you have shoes that are waterproof as well. You don't want to be out and about, have a sudden strong rain shower come upon you and you be left dripping wet for the remainder of the day - and probably cold.

Wet shoes need multiple days to dry!

Enjoy your trip!

Angelita, enjoy your trip as well from your northern AL neighbor! :-)

AL
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in Dublin now

Thanks akandal! I noticed the Huntsville on your profile and thought it's nice to see someone else from Alabama posting on here! :) We can't wait!