We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heuston station

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
heuston station

Hi, I am travelling to ireland in a couple of weeks and as i have been to dublin about 9,000 times (slight exageration maybe!) this time i am spending the majority of my time in Killarney - with a couple of days in Dublin thrown in for good measure. My question is - my flight arrives at 9, and my train is from heuston station at 1, i booked this train because i read that a taxi will cost a fair bit, and the bus will take about an hour. is there anything around heuston station? i will probably have an hour or so to spare. or should i go into dublin for brunch, then get the train from connelly to heuston? is this do-able?

thanks in advance for your help!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heuston station

There are a few attractions nearby

- Kilmainham Gaol

- Irish Museum of Modern Art

- The National Museum of Ireland

- The Guinness Storehouse

- Dublin Zoo

The Old Jameson Distillery isn't a million miles either.

A lot might come down to your luggage situation. There are no left luggage facilities at Heuston, so it may depend whether you have little enough that you're comfortable bringing it with you to those places.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heuston station

Heuston is about 2 miles west of the city centre and there not a large variety of things to do in the immediate vicinity of the station. If your luggage allows you, you could travel by bus to the city centre, spend some time there and then take the 12-15 minute trip by Luas (tram) from the city centre to Heuston. Trams run every 3 -5 minutes. If you want to store luggage in the city centre, I'd take the Airlink 747 service as far as Busaras (central bus station) where, AFAIK, there are luggage lockers. Busaras also has the advantage of being on the Luas line to Heuston, so it would be a simple process to collect your luggage and head to Heuston after a walk around the city centre.

However, maybe somebody else might confirm that luggage lockers are still available in Busaras before you embark on this plan.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heuston station

If you are just looking to kill some time and maybe get something to eat and drink I would recommend Ryan's on Parkgate St, great food and good pints! Just around the corner from Heuston.

4. Re: heuston station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2017, 01:24
5. Re: heuston station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:16