We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laptop -IPad- or other

14 posts
Save Topic
Laptop -IPad- or other

I would like tto be able to communicate home daily. But dont know if I want to drag along my lap top. I want to post photos,,,, any ideas,, what did you take that worked the best

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

If you are stuck,Kajo, I have a computer and printer at Orchid House which you can use to print off your boarding pass...not too long until Oct/Nov

Melbourne
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

After just returning from my UK trip i took my camera, iphone, and ipad with the camera kit and found that combo to work perfectly. I'd take all my photos during the day then load them onto my ipad at night and email off any that i wanted to.

With any luck i'll be traveling over again in the not too distant future and i will be definitely be taking them again.

13. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 14:26
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

I'm interested in this camera adapter that I've heard mentioned so many times, is it an Apple product?

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

Apple do the camera adaptor for the Ipad - you plug one end into the Ipad and pop the sd memory card into the other end and it downloads the pics automatically. There is also a 2nd plug which I think the camera lead fits into - I always just use the memory card. Well worth the £26 I think I paid last year from the Apple store.

Lou73

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

Thank you Lou, this is very helpful.

Love the pic!

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
871 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

@Gil- thank you so much for that kind offer. I think most airlines ask that passengers check in within 24 hours of their flight. I will still have almost a week in Ireland after I leave Fanore and Orchid House. I am so looking forward to meeting you and staying at your B&B!

Yes, just a little over 5 months to go. No time at all considering I started planning this trip way back in August and conceived the idea back in 2008!

@Stormer7 & Samandjess- I am happy to here that the combo of camera, iPad and phone worked well for you. I feel better about my choice of tech equipment.

Karen

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
871 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

Sorry my English went a little haywire - the above should read "I am happy to hear..."

Karen

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

Buy the mini adapter (or card reader) for the iPad. I brought mine to Ireland and was able to put my memory card directly into it and then place it in my iPad(it's the same plug as the charger ect..).

It's $15 or $30 on photojojo.com.

photojojo.com/store/…

20. Re: Laptop -IPad- or other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2012, 16:35