We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Hi all! Does anyone know of any inexpensive long term car parks around Dublin airport to park my car for 8-9 weeks? I can than take a taxi to the airport, so it doesn't need to be very close to the airport. I'm just looking to save some money off of airport parking rates.

Thanks so much for any help. :-)

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Try Parksmart.ie they are very reasonable or just google cheap car parking for Dublin Airport , hope this helps ,

regards Deedee

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

I suspect that some of the longer term car parks outside the airport campus give good deals, as suggested by Deedee. You could also check out airport hotels such as Bewleys - though maybe their long terms rates only apply if you have stayed over for a night.

It is possible to find free kerbside parking in north suburban Dublin but it might not be secure over an extended period.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Parking at one of the rail stations such as Portmarnock would cost you €30/month but would I want to leave a NI reg car there for a couple of months??

I would have thought leaving the car at home and taking the bus to Dublin airport would be a better option.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Thank you for your advice! The problem about leaving the car home is that I'm travelling with four small children and our flight is fairly early in the morning, so the bus isn't really convenient and a taxi would be a fortune from Enniskillen. Thanks for the website Deedee. It cost less than I thought, but I still wish I had some relatives in Dublin to leave the car with for eight weeks! Domhnall and Tony, I agree with you about leaving a NI registered car in a place with free parking. Not worth the risk! Thanks again for the advice. Much appreciated!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

You can leave your car with me.I'll drop you to airport,collect you.I'll use car while you are away,and keep it fueled,and running.Problem solved.

Sparky.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Here's an option which might work and if you were prepared to overnight there:

City North Hotel (north of the airport) have ample (free) parking facilities and the added advantage of a shuttle to the airport. 20minutes max up the motorway. Might be no harm in contacting them to see if they would/could facilitate you http://www.citynorthhotel.com/ They usually have competitive rates (and family rooms)

Here's a link to their reviews on TA as well tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g1390594-d663609…

Edited: 22 May 2012, 20:59
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Sparky's offer aside, surely it is cheaper to take the bus either direct to Derry of via Belfast.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

Thanks for the kind offer Sparky. I'll definitely keep it in mind. Drumlough. Thank you for the suggestion. The problem is that we are about 13 miles from Enniskillen, so we would have to take a taxi to get to the bus centre there and than take a taxi to Dublin or Belfast and than get a connecting bus to the airport with four young children (ages 1, 3, 5 and 7) luggage. Also, our plane leaves early in the morning, so it would necessitate an overnight stay in Dublin. It probably wouldn't be the cheapest or most convenient way.

Thanks LittlePumpkin. I'm going to call them this morning and see how much it would cost. Thanks for the link.

Originally, the cheapest that I could find was Bewleys for 300 euros, but I found something cheaper (only 200 euros), thanks to Deedee's suggestion to try parksmart.ie. Unless I find something more reasonable, I will probably go with that.

Thanks again for all the help. The Dublin Forum has been awesome!!!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

What would it cost to hire a car for the day to drive down and another day to drive back? I know this would be 2 one way rentals but would it be more than 100 each?

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking outside of Dublin Airport?

I hope it works out for you londonderry I have used Parksmart and they are very good at least you would have peace of mind with your car safely under lock and key ,

regards Deedee

Edited: 23 May 2012, 11:26