We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

How far is it from Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons? I was assuming I would take a taxi next month but the hotel contacted me today to ask if I needed to reserve an airport pick-up in their car which sounds nice but will cost 90 or 95 euros. That's fair if it is far but I am not sure what the distance would be and what that price is compared to taking a taxi. I will definitely do it if it takes more than a half an hour but for just a short ride, it will seem wasteful.

Thank you!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

A taxi will be less than half that price. The journey could take 25 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic and whether you take the quicker Port Tunnel route.

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

I arrive at around 8 a.m. so by the time I get through immigration and customs, it will most likely be after the Thursday morning rush hour so I guess the taxi will work for me.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

I disagree Blaw. I don't know the price but a taxi from the airport to the south suburbs costs approx 45 euro, and the Ritz Carlton is a considerable distance further.

This site http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin quotes it at 82E. So it seems like there is not a huge difference between that and what the Hotel is quoting you.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

Four Seasons is in Ballsbridge, isn't it?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

dublinmix, I think you've confused Four Seasons with Ritz Carlton?

When I stay at the Conrad I get these kinds of offers too. I assume they're meant for the expense account crowd. I think the Conrad was quoting me €70 for a trip from the airport to the hotel. And a taxi of course would be half that, or even less.

So I think it's the same kind of thing? Four Seasons offering a €90 trip that would be far less in a taxi.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

Sorry folks, my mistake. I mis read that as the Ritz Carlton. Absolutely a taxi would be less than half the price, and shouldn't cost you more than 30E.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

You also have the option of taking an Aircoach which is a dedicated airport express coach service. One of the Aircoach routes serves the Four Seasons. It's a comforable bus service and far more economical than a taxi or the Four Seasons pick-up. See www,aircoach.ie and check out the Airport- Ballsbridge service.

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

Thank you everyone! The concierge mailed me today and the price is 99 euros which was different from the message I received from the Four Seasons reservations people.

I now have better options than their car service.

Thank you!

9. Re: Taxi From Dublin Airport to the Four Seasons Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:17