We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need flight info from US to Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Need flight info from US to Dublin

I just found out that I won a company trip for a week at the Ritz just outside Dublin. My cost is getting there from the Southeast part of US. Here are things to consider. I am within my 30 day window. I prefer Delta (have some skymiles if necessary). I can fly through anywhere to get there. I don't mind multiple stops (especially if they add to my skymiles). I have heard that I can fly to heathrow and take a commuter plane to Dublin. The only problem is I don't know the airlines name. I have also been told it is cheaper to fly to Amsterdam first. Since money is the moin issue I am asking for any advice.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,906 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

I woud start with Delta, since you are a hop and a skip from Atlanta, presumably.

And/or you might want to start with a third-party site just to see what kind of options are out there. Like Expedia.com or Orbitz.com. (The airport code for Dublin is "DUB". You'll need that.)

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

Aer Lingus and BMI fly between London Heathrow (LHR) and Dublin (DUB). However, if as Irish Fan suggests, you try Expedia or similar, you will be automatically given a range of options of routes and airlines to DUB.

Delta serve DUB direct from New York (JFK) and Atlanta. You could also check out a Jet Blue / Aer Lingus option - Jet Blue has a partnership with Aer Lingus which connects a range of US cities with DUB via JFK or Boston.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

Direct from the South-East of the USA, your direct choices are

- Delta from Atlanta

- US Airways from Charlotte

- Aer Lingus from Orlando

I doubt Amsterdam would be a much cheaper option than Heathrow, but it is a nicer airport in which to connect.

On this side of the Atlantic, Paris and Frankfurt are both connection options and Boston, New York and Chicago are on yours.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

check the different airline websites as Kayak and Expedia don't usually have all the airlines.

If you have airmiles with Delta, those are who I would look at first. I dont recommend connecting through Heathrow (nightmare scenarios with immigration) .

Also, if you depart from Dublin to the US, most of the flights have pre-immigration and customs clearance at this end, so you arrive in the US as a domestic passenger.

Okeechobee,Florida
Level Contributor
169 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

I like leaving out of MCO (Orlando) it`s usually cheaper. And Air Canada and Lufthansa seem to have the best prices. I`ve traveled on just about all of them except these two. I rank them in Aer Lingus, Delta , Continental and American. I believe the two listed to be very comparable though.

Kenmare, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

Cut to the chase: Consult with a travel agent! There is no charge to do that and they'll be able to find your best options. Good luck! However you get there, it will be worth the trip!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,906 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

"Cut to the chase: Consult with a travel agent! There is no charge to do that and they'll be able to find your best options. "

Since airlines no longer pay commissions to travel agents, many of them do charge clients a fee for booking airfare. They have to make a living somehow!

Honestly, it's not complicated to find a flight from the US to Ireland, and barring some special needs or circumstances I can't see why anyone would need a travel agent for such a straightforward purchase.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

Ritz Carlton. Beautiful. Enjoy

Edited: 02 June 2012, 18:42
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

My experience is the same as IrishFan's in that all travel agencies I've checked with now charge (and have for some time now) for airline bookings.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need flight info from US to Dublin

you can get a flight from Jacksonfille to JFK to Dublin on Delta... or from jax to Atlanta to JFK and then to Dublin on Delta

Depending where you are in Florida, you can also grab a flight from Orlando to Boston to Dublin on Aer lingus