We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin airport layover

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin airport layover

I have - few hrs layover from my flight home and was wondering is it worth it leave the airport and visit the city for lunch? Is is far?

Thanks

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin airport layover

It really depends on how long you have, and whether you are booked on the one ticket with luggage checked through.

Also you may have to clear US immigration in Dublin, and the recommended check in time to include that is 3 hours.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin airport layover

Add on a minimum of 30 minutes each way for a trip to the city centre, plus say an hour for lunch and you need a minimum of 5 hours (adding on the 3 hour check in mentioned by dublinminx) to make a trip to the city centre plausible. My 30 minute estimate assumes you take a taxi. if travelling by dedicated airport express coach, I'd assume about 1 hour rather than 30 minutes each way, allowing wait time for buses etc.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin airport layover

Great thanks for all your help! I only have 3.5-4 hrs so I will be staying at the airport!! Good thing I asked! Lol :) I will do some duty free shopping and have a drink.

Thanks

4. Re: Dublin airport layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:41