We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel help for a 4 day visit to dublin on a budget

Aberdare
Level Contributor
301 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel help for a 4 day visit to dublin on a budget

I am arriving in Dublin for at 9.00 am on the 8th August and am staying at the Hilton Kilmainham for 2 nights then changing to a central hotel for the last night on the 10th before travelling back to the airport late on the 11th .

I am trying to work out the best way of getting to my hotel when i arrive from the airport (the cheapest option would be great) and then working out the best bus option to use once I get in the city centre and to my hotel etc.

I assume that getting a return from the airport to the city centre would be best and then a separate bus to my hotel (to drop off bags etc).

On the Friday and Saturday i will be staying in central Dublin and wont really need a bus then.

any tips.

also which of the buses green or red are better

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
2,322 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Clontarf Castle Hotel
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 150 hotels in Dublin
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 hotels in Dublin
Ariel House
Ariel House
#4 of 150 hotels in Dublin
Clane, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel help for a 4 day visit to dublin on a budget

Hi, The regular bus service from the airport to city centre is the number 16, takes about 40 min and costs 2.60 euro. You would have to get off in O'Connell street and walk couple hundred metres to Aston quay for the number 79 to kilmainham, costs 1.40 i think.. Can't buy returns on these buses. A taxi would cost approx 25 euro each way.

Mentioned in this post
O'Connell Street
O'Connell Street
1,544 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Aberdare
Level Contributor
301 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel help for a 4 day visit to dublin on a budget

thanks.

looking into this further it seems that the 3 day non consecutive rambler may be a good deal for me as i could use it on the wednesday and thursday and then on saturday

3. Re: Travel help for a 4 day visit to dublin on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:17