We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling around Dublin

Naperville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling around Dublin

Any suggestions on how to best get around Dublin? Taxi, Bus, etc.

They don't seem to have the transit system similar to London or Paris.

Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,082 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling around Dublin

Where are you trying to go?

Naperville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling around Dublin

just trying to get around town, doesn't look like there is a subway or metro. I am assuming the buses are probably our best bet.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling around Dublin

www.dublinbus.ie/

www.luas.ie/

www.dublin.ie/transport/dart.htm

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling around Dublin

We have a tram system in Dublin city called the Luas also there is the dart rail service which covers dublins coast. For inner city the Luas is the best bet.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling around Dublin

Best way to get around Dublin is to walk if you are staying in the vity centre you are no more than 15 minutes walking from most places of interest . If you want to go to DunLaoghaire or Malahide take the Dart it will cost you €5.20 return or if you want to get to Dundrum or Tallagh shopping centers get the Luas about €4.40 return or Dublin bus has an excellant service but walking would be my choice or hire a bike.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling around Dublin

Dublin is pretty small, you could probably walk where ever you need to go, perhaps with the exceptions of Kilmainham Gaol, Phoenix Park and Glasnevin Cemetery.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 16:23
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling around Dublin

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling around Dublin

As a couple of the others have said, the best way to see most things is walking. I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and walked to most places easily (Dublin is not huge). The bus services are excellent and very frequent. You should have no problems getting around.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling around Dublin

I'd have to agree with walking! When I visit, I walk everywhere unless I'm going outside the city centre. Never had any problems (except stopping at too many shops on the way to my destination)!

10. Re: Traveling around Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:17