We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

Atherton, Manchester
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

Can anyone tell me how to get to Phil Lynott's grave in St. Fintan's cemetery in Sutton. We will be travelling from the city centre and will be using public transport. How long will it take to get there and back? Many thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

You could get the DART from the city centre to Sutton station, or the #31 bus from the city centre to Sutton Cross. By getting the bus, it will save you a walk of about a half a mile. The bus ride from city centre will take 45/55 minutes, the DART will take about 25 minutes.

I found this report of someone who also visited the grave, it might be helpful to you, as I am unable to give you directions once you get to Sutton - virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Ireland/Cou…

Dublin
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

You are better off getting the bus. The train station at Sutton is too far to walk to the grave/cemetery. The cemetery is beside St. Fintan's Junior School and the bus stops opposite the cemetery.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

The photos of PL's grave on that link are very good. An unusual graveyard in the sense that all the 'headstones' are laid horizontally on the ground rather than in the more usual vertical fashion.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,064 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

There is a statue of Phil at the junction of Grafton St and Harry St. I always pass by it when I can to remind me of the man who gave us so much and left us too young.

Atherton, Manchester
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

Thanks everyone for your input, I think that we will use the bus, mainly because it drops you off outside the cemetery. We are only in Dublin from Thursday night until Saturday night and there are loads of things that we want to do. We are definately going to see the Thin Lizzy Exhibition and of course his statue. It would be lovely if we saw Philomena while we were at Phil's grave..........I would love to give her a hug and tell her just how much her son's music means to me. Is there anywhere else worth visiting that is connected to Phil or TL, we might as well do it all while we are out there.

Thanks again, it's good to know that .............you are out there!

6. Re: How to get to Phil Lynott's grave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:15