We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a bus that goes to howth?

california
Level Contributor
51 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a bus that goes to howth?

I asked about a luas pass on another thread and a very smart person told me about the 7 day bus/luas pass and I am wondering what bus may go to howth? We are planning a day trip there anyway and we were going to take the train but if we buy the combi pass maybe we could just use the "free " bus pass. If there is a bus ?doesit take quite a bit longer than the train? Where do we catch it?

Thanks again ! Dave

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

Bus 31, if I remember, goes to Howth.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

Yes, the #31 goes to Howth from the city centre (Lr. Abbey St)

The DART also goes from the city centre (Pearse, Tara St. and Connolly stations) to Howth. If taking the DART, please note - you do not get off at Howth Junction, stay on until you get to Howth, three stops later.

Edited: 13 September 2012, 21:45
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

Apologies, forgot to add - the bus will take about 50 minutes, the DART 25/30 minutes. While the DART stops in Howth village, the bus would continue and take you up to Howth Head, where there are great views of Dublin Bay, and if you are interested, nice walks around the cliffs.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,581 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

I'd highly recommend staying on the bus (#31) until the last stop at Howth Summit, take the lower path down to Howth Village, great views and you'll really feel like you've earned your fish and chips!!!

california
Level Contributor
51 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

Thanks for the great advice...I would never have kept going to the summit and that would have been a shame.

Seanbee...thanks very much for the quick response

Fenla....again thanks for the advice about the summit....and the timing....50 minutes doesn' t seem like much extra time especially with a prebought ticket in hand! lol

Lolly....My wife will love that line...and the fish and chips!

6. Re: Is there a bus that goes to howth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 10:17