We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

My husband & I will be there for our honeymoon next week. Where should we have dinner our 1st night in Ireland? :) We will only be in Dublin for 1 night, so I'd like to eat somewhere special.

Thanks!!

Katie

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,258 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Congratulations Katie!

What sort of food do you both enjoy?

As its a very special occasion, how about dining in Dublins newest Michelin starred restaurant Locks Brasserie.

http://www.locksbrasserie.com/

Another suggestion would be Chapter One.

http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/

If they aren't what you were hoping for come back and tell us what sort of food you are interested in and there are lots of posters on the forum who will have other suggestions for you.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

I'd also recommend Chapter One, but you would probably need to pre-book, as it is can be quite busy

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Mention what area you are staying in and there may be some place nearby. Congrats and may you have many years of happiness together!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,349 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

For that special occasion, this is the one.

www.lecrivain.com/

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Hi Guys - Congratulations

There are so many nice restaurants in Dublin, really depends what your after. Cant really disagree with the above posts as all our particularly Great restaurants. Other restaurants you may consider are Dobbins Bistro, the Arch Bistro & One Pico. Make sure and tell them its your Honeymoon and 1st night in Dublin and I'm sure they will give you the special treatment.

Good Luck

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Thanks, everyone! We will be staying at The Schoolhouse Hotel (it's just our style & we don't mind being a little further out). As far as food goes, we're both actually pretty picky - we are definitely not sushi/seafood/adventurous eaters. We are meat & potatoes people :). I will check all the recommended places out!! Thank you so much & I will make a reservation, if necessary :).

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

I should mention, however, that I can always find something on almost any menu... so although I'm picky, I wouldn't say I'm difficult ;)

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

Roly's Bistro in Ballsbridge is another to consider, it would be quite convenient to your hotel. The hot restaurant in Dublin at the moment is The Greenhouse and I'm going there next week for my 10th wedding anniversary celebration! Pichet is another favourite of ours.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

There has been some good suggestions so far. For picky eaters I would echo One Pico, Pichet, Chapter One, L'ecrivan. All of the above do a fancy version of meat and potatoes.

If you want top end steak Shannahan's - http://www.shanahans.ie/home.html might be an option. On a lower budget for similar styled food http://www.marcopierrewhite.ie/ is very good.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
72 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to have dinner in Dublin on our 1st night in Ireland?

We just got back from Dublin and I just want to mention two words: jet lag. I was a wreck our first night there, maybe because I can't sleep on planes (and I had connecting flights from the US West Coast so a long long journey altogether).

Anywhoo, just keep it in mind if you're making a reservation -- earlier might be better than later, if you're sensitive to time changes. I couldn't keep my eyes open by 5pm.

Congratulations!