We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded will Dublin be during 2013 European Rugby Cup?

Charleston, South...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How crowded will Dublin be during 2013 European Rugby Cup?

I am an English professor with a study abroad group that will be going to London and Dublin May 10-20. We were intending on going to Dublin the 2nd leg of the trip from the 16th until the 20th; however, we saw now that the ERC finals are during that same time. Is it going to be ridiculously crowded to take a group of 20 students around to all the key attractions at this time? Any input would be graciously accepted.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded will Dublin be during 2013 European Rugby Cup?

We recently had an American football game (Notre Dame v Navy) at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin. This stadium will host the ERC final. There are parallels between both events in that in the case of the ND v Navy game, supporters of both sides flew in en-masse, putting huge pressure on local accommodation in Dublin and the surrounding areas. Many of the local tourist must-sees were also very busy during the period of the ND v Navy event and restaurants were also very busy.

I guess that a similar scenario will unfold for the ERC game, particularly if both teams are from overseas. If one or both teams participating are Irish, the pressure on facilities may be somewhat less as supporters may only travel on the day of the match and may not be staying over.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded will Dublin be during 2013 European Rugby Cup?

It really depends on which teams are in the final. The current champions are Leinster, which is based in Dublin. My husband, a Leinster supporter, has already bought his ticket for the final in anticipation and Iknow that a lot of Munster supporters, based in Limerick, do the same. Big rugby weekends in Dublin are a lot of fun though, as the supporters are friendly and sociable, no matter which team they support and there will be a great atmosphere around town. If you can find accommodation I'd go for it.

3. Re: How crowded will Dublin be during 2013 European Rugby Cup?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:18