We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

I am not sure if this plan makes much sense..Just looking for some ideas or help with any changes which may make traveling a lot easier..

I along with 3 of my girlfriends, all in our 20's, will be traveling to Dublin, London, and Greece for 15 days..

We are leaving from Jacksonville, Florida in early May..We will be flying into Dublin first and spending 3 days..Then we will fly via Ryanair to London..We will be spending 3 days in London, nothing major we want to see, we've been before...Then we spend the next 8 days in Greece, we're assuming using Ryanair to get there..We really just want to see Santorni, Mykonos, and maybe Corfu if we have time..Here is the tricky part...It's very cheap if we fly roundtrip from the US to Dublin...only $712...as opposed to flying into Dublin and Flying home from Greece or London..So we are thinking of Flying Ryanair back to Dublin (not sure if Ryanair flys from Greece to Dublin??) then flying home from Dublin..I pretty much did this last year when I went to London and Italy.I flew into London then to Italy and then back to London to fly home...any suggestions for ways to get between countries? Is Ryanair the best?? I am very open to suggestions..Thank you!!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

Hi. Have you checked for low cost flights between Ireland and Greece on the web?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

Easyjet are best for return flights London - Greece then pick up another Ryanair flight on your return from London - Dublin, if you book at the right times, the earlier the better with Easyjet, you might get each flight for around £30 average per flight :- http://www.easyjet.com/en

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

If travelling via London, note that there are 6 airports in or near London with services to Dublin (Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Luton, Stansted and Southend). Ryanair only serves Gatwick, Luton and Stansted. You need to allow for the time and cost of transfers if your travel from Greece to Dublin on your return leg is not to/from the one airport. Transfers can be time consuming and costly.

Other airlines linking London airports with Dublin include Aer Lingus, Cityjet and British Airways.

Edited: 28 October 2012, 20:55
Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

The only direct flights from Greece to Ireland (and vice versa) are the charter flights during the summer which are very expensive (your only options are to / from Corfu, Crete and Zakynthos) or via Athens with Aer Lingus.

Ryanair does fly to Greece from the UK - check thier website for which island. Easyjet also fly from the UK to Greece.

If you do book Ryanair - make sure you read ALL the terms and conditions and be aware of their baggage policies - they are very strict and will charge very handsomely for overweight baggage!

5. Re: Dublin/London/Greece ..please help..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 09:16