We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Details of this years New Years Eve celebrations have been released

http://www.nyedublin.ie/festival-schedule

As with every other year if you want to go to a particular restaurant make your reservations early.

Some pubs and clubs charge entrance fees, others do not, it's becoming less and less prevalent a custom, be sure to check out where you intend going with the pub or club themselves to avoid disappointment.

Be aware that the majority of pubs and clubs in the city centre will be fairly busy and crowded, time to get intimate with other revelers! Everyone has their own opinion but from personal experiences I find there is very little difference between one pub or another on NYE.

If you can pre-arrange transport home it may decrease your waiting time for a taxi/bus in the wee hours. If at all possible choose a hotel in the city centre so that you can walk home, it's not essential but it may make life easier for you!

If you like a wild drunken raucous affairs then Temple Bar is the place for you, if you prefer something quieter it's probably a place to avoid the area.

Enjoy :)

1. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 14:57
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Mea culpa, Lollymcd and all. I mistakenly posted a response to an unrelated topic here and asked for it to be removed.

By the way, once you hit the Remove My Post option, under Report inappropriate content, the post is removed as good as instantly.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

No worries Uasal :)

I'm not a great one for NYE events as anyone who has read over my posts on the subject will know but I think I might go to the firework display, apparently it's the first one in the city centre since 2007. (though I do seem to recall a very good display at Croke Park circa 2009 to mark some milestone in it's history, GAA fans please forgive me!)

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Nice one Lolly! Are you aiming for 'Dublin Forum poster of 2014'??

Doing well, girl, doing well.....

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

There's a prize??? I didn't know. . . motivated . . . :)

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

First prize is a camembert sandwich on a park bench with me and Little P.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Will it be at midnight on New Years Eve?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

Was thinking Christams day..around 3pm if that suits??

You still haven't won yet!

9. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 15:05
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve Dublin 2013

I'm really surprised to hear this ... thejournal.ie/dublin-new-years-eve-696679-No… pretty happy about it though!