We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Hotels

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Hotels

Can anyone suggest a mid-price central hotel (about £60 per room a night max) for my husband and I to visit Dublin in March. We don't know the city at all which makes picking a hotel difficult! We'd like to be within walking distance of bars etc for the evening (10-15 min walk is ok) and shopping/sightseeing in the daytime. I assume buses etc are easily navigable?

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,619 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Hotels

Hi kattyness

Hotel prices can vary from day to day depending on what's on, so I would suggest you put your dates into one of the hotel booking websites and see what you find within your budget. Look for hotels in either Dublin 1 or Dublin 2 as they will be in the city centre.

The O'Callaghan group of hotels, Buswells, Trinity Capital Hotel are often mentioned here and are all quite central. Have a look and see what's available for your dates and if you're not sure come back and post here for specific advice re the location.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Hotels

You could try these two.

www.kingfisherdublin.com/

www.trinitylodge.com/

Staffordshire
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Hotels

A few years go we stayed at the Trinity Capital Hotel. Very central, close to bars etc. really quirky. Loved it

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Hotels

Being a Dub I can't say that I know to much about the hotels here but as suggested elsewhere, try the various hotel booking websites. Anywhere on the map within a 1 mile radius of O'Connell Bridge should be easily walkable to all of the "downtown" sights. The Dublin Bus website will give you maps of the routes if you want to go by bus and there is an interactive timetable as well which shows the times of the next buses at the stops - useful to get a feel for the timetable. Just be aware of two things when coming over - St Patrick's weekend [around 17th March] and any 6 Nations Rugby weekend if Ireland are at home. Rooms will disappear fast and prices will rocket.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Hotels

Jurys Inn Christchurch would be very close to your price range, (but if you intend coming over the St Patricks Day holiday period, I imagine prices will be higher), and within 15 minutes of shopping, pubs(Temple Bar if you want it) and some of the sights - Trinity College, Christchurch Cathedral (across the road from the hotel) and St Patrick's Cathedral. There is also a HoHo bus stop outside the hotel. dublinhotels.jurysinns.com/…

Canada
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin Hotels

60 euros is little on the low side. This would not be considered a mid price hotel! I pd about 130 for Trinity capital and I would consider that mid range. (120 to 200). High end over 200.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin Hotels

Thanks all! We booked Trinity Capital Hotel for about £70 a night - looks lovely and we're v looking forward to it. List of things to do...

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,619 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin Hotels

That's a great location and a good price too! Lots to see and do depending on your interests. Have a look at the top questions about Dublin on the right hand side of the page for ideas.

The hop-on hop-off bus is a good way of finding your bearings and of seeing most of the main sights. Having said that the city is very walkable so armed with a map from the tourist office you should have no bother hitting the main sights. If you're keeping to a budget it's good to know that all the national museums offer free entry.

Have a great trip!

http://www.museum.ie/en/homepage.aspx

9. Re: Dublin Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:17