We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in mid-september

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
weather in mid-september

can anyone tell me what the weather will be like in mid-september? will it be raining every day, all day long or is the rain simply a quick shower. and also, what can i expect the temperature to be? thanks

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in mid-september

It all depends on what part of Ireland you will be in...

Besides.... You NEVER visit Ireland for the weather.. I have been there in February and had a warmer day than a July day...

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in mid-september

No one can give you an accurate idea of the weather next week,

If we could I would not have booked flights two weeks ago for the worst snowy weather in years (yesterday),

I have had absolutely glorious weather in September, I have also had weeks of rain. It can rain in one place and be dry over the mountain, you could have showers, you could have downpours, it could be dry.

Snow is unlikely, also frosts and hurricanes, apart from that, we take what comes.

Doolin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in mid-september

September is usually one of the best months. A typical Irish comment would be "the kids have just gone back to school so of course the weather would be great"

Anthony

Doolin Hostel

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in mid-september

The likelihood is that it won't snow in September.

Other than that its a lottery. Sometimes we can have an Indian summer, other times we can get hurricane remnants that bounce of the East Coast of the US and ricochet across the Atlantic.

Bring layers of clothing. That way if its warm you can shed, if its cold the layers hold in the air and keep you warm. Top it off with a light waterproof.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in mid-september

I was there this past Sept (last 2 wks) and we only had about 3 showers (not all day rains) in that time. 'Temp between 10 and 18 celcius. Gorgeous weather really.

Dress in layers and don't look like a tourist by wearing rainboots!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in mid-september

There is a picture of Me in a Tshirt pops in a wooly and a tourist in overcoat and full winter wear, Taken 2 years ago on a sunny but windy September day outside Clifden. I guess its what you are used to?

michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in mid-september

thank you for all of your comments.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,369 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in mid-september

I was in Ireland last September and the first week was lovely and sunny, well most of the time, and any rain we got was a short sharp shower, the second week, I had 2 days of non-stop rain, but that was just 2 days. I figure I was quite lucky.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,241 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in mid-september

We were in Ireland in Sept/Oct 2010 and had pretty cool and rainy weather a good bit of the time. Certainly didn't put a damper on our visit, at least our Glenveagh day was gorgeous though a bit on the cool side! As others have said, dress in layers with a good fleece and a rainproof outer coat.

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in mid-september

Have a look here:

accuweather.com/en/…

It has always been pretty accurate!