We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Luton

San Antonio , Tx
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Luton

WeI will be leaving Dublin April 3. We want to go to Luton for 1 day to meet family we have never met. We need to be in London late afternoon April 4. This is our first overseas trip. We thought it would be easy but Ryanair only offers 2 flights One very early that we could not schedule & one that gets us in at 5:40 pm. That is doable but we were hoping for more time.

Is there some other way I'm missing?

Also our hotel in London is in the Tower area. Would bus be our best bet?

Thank you.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Luton

you do no Luton is outside London for your London hotel fly to Heathrow and let the family come to you

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,871 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Luton

Galway85 gives good advice there. Fly into any London airport and then take public transport to our relatives in Luton or ask them to meet you as Galway suggests.

Look on the Luton forum for transport options to Luton from central London.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Luton

Suggest you ask on the London Forums for infoormation on how to get to Luton from Stansted or Heathrow.

San Antonio , Tx
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Luton

Thank you Galway & dubfam. We will be leaving a tour in Ireland & have an extra day before we meet up with our tour in London. My husbands mother was born, raised & married in Luton, thereby, being an important for us to go there. Also once we meet up with our group in London we will be on the move, not making it possible for them to come to us.

I'm thinking of taking the later flight on Ryanair & trying to do the best we can with the time we have.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin to Luton

Only alternative I can suggest given that you are staying in the Tower area (I assume near Tower of London) would be to fly to London City airport with Air France/Cityjet. This route has more frequent services than the Dublin to Luton route. You could drop bags at the hotel and then head on to Luton. It's quite simple to get from London City Airport to the Tower of London by rail.There are also direct rail services from a number of stations in central London (near the Tower of London) to Luton. Travel time would be about an hour depending on exact route used.

Overall, this would allow you to travel to London and drop your bags during the course of the morning and to get to Luton by early afternoon. Only downside is that flight costs would probably be higher into London City as it's principally a business traveller route with higher than average ticket prices.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin to Luton

You could get the Flight, stay in Luton that night and get a train 1 hr journey from Luton to London Blackfriers and then onto meeting your tour.

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/farefinder/search

Remember that Ryanair or whichever regional operator Baggage restrictions will be the Limiting factor for the whole trip should you take that option

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin to Luton

Ryanair only allow 15kgs baggage plus one cabin bag, which can be tough if you are on a long trip.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin to Luton

You can at a price actually book 35kg hold baggage on Ryanair, You have to book the first 20kg bag at the time of booking and then via the manage my booking link book a 2nd bag up to 15kg. This though could cost €100 being up to €45 for the first 20 and €55 for the extra 15.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dublin to Luton

Don't know if they cover the route you want but when flying to Ireland we have often found Aerlingus to be cheaper than Ryanair.

San Antonio , Tx
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dublin to Luton

Wow. Thank you so much to all. Yesterday things were looking impossible, but today I'm booked. Got the skyscanner mobile app, found a great late morning flight on AerLingus to Gatwick, & thanks to the great link from tony2phones on the national rail enquiries, I was able to see the easy connection to Luton. That will get us in to do what we hoped to in Luton & get back on the train in the morning to meet up with our group in London .

Thank you again. Problem solved.