We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

I am planning a long weekend in Dublin with my daughter who is almost 4.

I have visited the city a few times and seen alot of the tourist attractions, but am unsure what there is for children to see in the city? Any tips or ideas would be great.

She has seen Irish dancing on TV and is desperate to see some real irish dancing (she wants to do Irish dancing but we don't have any lessons for it where we live) - thought it might be nice to take her to see something whilst in Dublin but not so sure if there is anything like this suitable for her age group?

Are there many places for eating that cater for families? (Anytime I've been there I've always just been to pubs!)

Any Ideas or suggestions much appreciated :) Thanks

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Dublin
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Collins Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Irish Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

The zoo in Phoenix Park might be a good bet if its nice weather, lots of room in the Park itself to let off steam, get there on the HOHO bus.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

Thanks, had actually forgotten about the zoo - even though I've passed it on the HOHO bus a few times! Fingers crossed for good weather.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

Jimmy Chungs Chinese on the quays at O'Connell Bridge. All you can eat for €8.90 lunch - and lots of desserts for smaller ones after. The Ice Cream Machine is a treat! Also the Viking Splash tour should be good for a laugh, but then again for a 4yo may a bit frightning!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

www.theirishhouseparty.com for Irish dancing but it is at night so might be too late but if you contact them I would think they could recommend somewhere suitable for a child to go. Perhaps she could join in a lesson somewhere - good fun and she would meet other children.

There are lots of family friendly places to eat in

the city centre - Captain Americas in Grafton Street is a favourite for kids.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

Imaginosity is worth a look for that age.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

You should also check out 'Jig' for Irish Dancing shows which are on during the day in Powerscourt Shopping Centre located in the city centre. http://jig.ie/

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

Lots to see and do for your daughter.

Have a look at The Ark children's cultural centre in Temple Bar and see if there is anything on for the dates of your visit

http://ark.ie/

The Zoo mentioned above is always popular. The National Museums often have free activities for children at weekends. Also check out The Natural history museum, very popular with children.

http://www.museum.ie/en/homepage.aspx

St Stephens green in the city centre is a great place to wander, feed the ducks and play in the playground.

I would also recommend Captain Americas for food and also Milanos, who have branches throughout the city (Pizza Express in the UK).

Www.milano.ie

8. Re: Long Weekend in Dublin with Children..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 07:15