We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tromso, Norway
5 posts
Save Topic
Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

Hi everyone! :)

I will soon be traveling to Ireland and I'm traveling by myself for the first time.

I'm arriving late in the evening at about 10 pm. and staying over one night at the Clarion Airport Hotel before traveling on to Wicklow.

I was just wondering if it's a good idea or not for me to walk to the hotel after dark, is it easy to find/long to walk from terminal 1 or is it better to use the shuttlebus? And if so how do I find the shuttlebus exactly?

I'm sure I'd probably figure these things out once I get there, but in case not and I'm gonna wind up standing there confused I thought that it couldn't hurt to ask! :D I do like to come prepared!

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited: 16 February 2013, 02:17
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

In this town, it's never late till it's twelve and then it's early.

Do yourself a favour, book a hotel in town.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

The airport is really well lit so no problems walking anywhere. The shuttle buses are well sign posted but I think the walk to their pick up point would be nearly the same as the walk to the Clarion!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

The Clarion is within the airport campus and would take about 15 minutes to walk to from Terminal 1. However, the airport campus is a bit of a maze for pedestrians as circulation is designed primarily to serve vehicular traffic. I'd get the shuttle to avoid getting lost. Most coaches and shuttles serving Terminal 1 operate from a dedicated coach and bus pick up area immediately outside the T1 multi-storey car park. To get to this location, exit the arrivals area in T1, cross the road to the car park and enter the car park atrium area. Walk to the far end of the atrium and exit to the coach/bus area.

I suggest that you contact the hotel to ascertain the exact pick-up location for their shuttle - there may be a dedicated phone in the T1 arrivals area to enable you to contact the hotel for instructions but I'd check this in advance. However, don't be afraid to check with airport staff if you are unsure on arrival - they are generally very helpful and the airport itself is quite safe.

Tromso, Norway
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

Thanks a millon for your replies! It was most helpful and much appreciated :) I can't wait to visit, it's been a dream for many years!

lordkimmage: I would love to stay in Dublin town, the reason I am staying at Clarion is because I'm getting picked up at the airport early next morning :)

Hugs!

Edited: 16 February 2013, 18:37
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

That being the case come and enjoy.

And many thanks for saying thanks.

Blacksburg...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

On a similar note, I am traveling alone in March and had a little bit of concern with a early early shuttle trip to the Airport. I'm staying in near Temple Bar at Abigails Hostel, and have to catch a 6:50am flight to Warsaw on a Saturday. I'm pretty sure the Westmoreland Aircoach stop is like 200m from the hostel. Will I be okay standing out on a streetcorner waiting for a bus at 4:30am? I was hoping to catch the Aircoach that leaves Donnybrook road at 4:30, getting to my stop around 4:45, and top the airport by 5:15. Is that enough time or should I plan on the 4:00 bus? Thanks in advance!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

You are correct re the Westmoreland St stop being on the edge of Temple Bar. You should be OK in that area at that time of night/morning, though given a choice and for comfort, I would get a taxi at a cost of circa €25. If you get the Aircoach, it looks OK time-wise but there is limited margin for delay if the bus runs late - and I don't know how punctual Aircoach is. Is that one that is a bit earlier - just in case of delays?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,700 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

Whatever. Just be at the desk two hours prior..

Blacksburg...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

Ill definitely consider taking a taxi. Thanks for the help!

10. Re: Walking from airport to hotel at night/finding the shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:16