We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Patrick's Day football at Croke Park

Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
St. Patrick's Day football at Croke Park

I had read in one of the forums about a football match on St. Patrick's Day at Croke Park. The wife and I were looking for something to do after the parade and wanted to get some information on what to expect. I found tickets online at a reasonable price but wanted to get tickets at the stadium. Are tickets likely to be available on game day?

Second, is it a reasonable walk from Temple Bar to Croke Park? With everything happening that day I'd imagine taking a bus or taxi would be difficult.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
4,827 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Patrick's Day football at Croke Park

Yes, on St Patrick's Day both the All-Ireland Hurling and (Gaelic) Football Clubs Finals are played in Croke Park.

Football:

gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/…

Hurling:

gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/…

Absolutely reasonable to walk to Croke Park from Temple Bar. Twenty minutes to half an hour, depending on where you start out in Temple Bar.

Walk along O'Connell St heading north towards Parnell Square and then

right onto Dorset St and onto Lower Drumcondra Road.

You will see other people heading in the direction of Croke Park and the stadium itself will be clearly visible from a distance.

http://www.crokepark.ie

Best to stick to the main thoroughfares as described, rather than taking shorter cuts.

The entry ticket will cover both the hurling and the football games, starting at 2pm, if memory serves me.

No need to buy ticket in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Parnell Square
Parnell Square
32 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dorset
Dorset
England, UK
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
4,827 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: St. Patrick's Day football at Croke Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 05:17