We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AutoEurope Car Rental

LaFayette
4 posts
Save Topic
AutoEurope Car Rental

I have been told about AutoEurope to rent a car from when I am in Dublin in October. Has anyone used this company and are they reliable?

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AutoEurope Car Rental

Yes. I've used them many times for UK rentals but I wouldn't use them for Ireland. They are only a broker and can't offer Super CDW coverage. I am using Dooley on my upcoming trip. You might also check Easy Tour Ireland. Plese search for all of the car rental hreads in this forum. It can be a nightmare if you aren't prepared for it.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,388 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AutoEurope Car Rental

I agree with paulkris - well worth a search through TA forum. There is clearly a difference in car hire culture between North America and Europe and it is not usual to use your own insurance. The insurance excess/deductible in Ireland seems especially high and costly to reduce to a reasonable level. Make sure you know exactly what insurance you have got and what your liability is before committing yourself.

3. Re: AutoEurope Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:17