We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

Gates Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

Flying in from London in AM to connect from Ryanair to Air france. I am a US citizen, and is 2 hours sufficient time to get through customs etc., or do I need to take an earlier Ryan air flight?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

I would take an earlier flight. Given that you are flying Ryanair, your ticket from London to the US will not be a through ticket. You will therefore have to collect your baggage on arrival at Terminal 1 in Dublin and change to Terminal 2 for check-in for the US flight. Passengers on US flights from Dublin pre-clear US Immigration and Customs in Dublin pre-departure. It is recommended that you allow 3 hours for the check-in/airport security/pre-clearance process. Adding this for the time to collect your bags and exit T1, you might need at least 4 hours between arrival from London and departure to the US.

Also note that, AFAIK, Air France do not serve the US from Dublin - I assume that this is a code share and that your flight is actually with Delta or another US airline. However, regardless of airline, departures from Dublin to the US are all from Terminal 2.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,994 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

Check the fine print in your travel insurance for the time you are supposed to allow for connections. If you follow those rules as a minimum then your travel insurance should cover costs incurred in missing your flight. Note also that airlines, even Ryanair, have reasonable deals for passengers just missing their flight due to delays in baggage, security etc. etc.

Gates Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

thanx a lot; had hoped to breeze thru a smallest European airport; a long day of travel ahead!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

Youtube following " U.S. CUSTOMS AT DUBLIN AIRPORT "

Terminal maps for Dublin see....DUBLINAIRPORT.COM / AIRPORT GATES

on arrival in DUB make your way to Terminal 2

as said above more than likely you'll be checking in

for the Delta flight.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

I wouldn't consider Dublin a small airport by any stretch of the imagination

6. Re: dublin airport connection to USA Time needed for boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:17