We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Hello-

Three adults from my family (ages 88, 49, and 23) will spend 3 nights in Dublin prior to visiting the SW of Ireland. We will travel in mid-May and need 2 rooms for privacy and quiet. We are looking to spend 100-150 Euros/night and would prefer a location within walking distance of city centre (NOT Temple Bar). Based on reading the TA forums and Rough Guide, we have identified the following hotels as possibilities. If anyone could comment - especially on location, setting, surrounding area, atmosphere - it would be greatly appreciated. We do not need nightlife but the surroundings are important. I believe that each hotel is "nice" and fits in our budget. Other suggestions are also appreciated.

Ashling Hotel

Croke Park Hotel

The Gresham Hotel

Maldron Smithfield Village

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Ted

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,275 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Of those four the only one located in town is the Gresham. Not sure you'd get it at that rate though.

Perhaps an apartment in here might work.

www.kingfisherdublin.com/

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Look on Booking.Com you should be able to get the Gresham for about 125.00 the hotel is right in the centre of Dublin and most of the tour buses stop outside it to pick up passengers ans the airport also stops outside.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Let me clarify - our budget is 100-150 euros PER ROOM per night (not 100-150 euros total). Sorry is this was not clear as we need 2 rooms.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Friends of mine stayed in The Gresham on Valentines night, the rate was €80 per room no breakie. They booked directly with the hotel. It'd be worth giving them a call. It would be the hotel I'd prefer out of your list.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

Thanks Lolly. Maybe I will call them directly, because their website rates are 110 euros for each of the first 2 nights, and then 200 euros for the 3rd night, which is on the high end for us (especially with 2 rooms). It seems that discounts are less readily available the week of our travels (arriving May 13).

I am broadening the search to include Stauntons on the Green, Roxford Lodge, Kilronan House, and others. We are not set on a full service hotel - a nice guesthouse would be just fine.

And thanks for the poster who recommended The Kingfisher, which is also a good option.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,275 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

You're welcome and many thanks for saying thanks.

7. Re: Dublin Hotel Recommendation / Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:18