We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica...
7 posts
Save Topic
Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

My wife and I are going to Ireland for the first time at the end of August. We'll be getting off of a Crystal Cruise in Dublin, and touring the city for two days. We would like to spend the next 4 days touring other parts of Ireland. I've found five tour companies that sound interesting to me:

Viator

Railtours Ireland

Cuilcagh

Paddywagon

Emerald Travel

Any suggestions or comments, either positive or negative, on any of these tour companies?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

From the list you posted I would consider railtours first, as it is a mix of organised and self guided tours which I would prefer.

Paddywagon has the name of being for a younger age group and while your photo (avatar) conveys to us that you are both young and handsome, your dress code suggests that Paddywagon might be better reserved for your kids (if you have any) !!!

Have you checked out www.wolfhoundtours.com ? This is who I would travel with if I were doing that kind of thing in Ireland

Enjoy your four days here.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

Driftwood are the option which sprang to my mind http://vagabondtoursofireland.ie/driftwood/ of course it comes down to which tour fits your dates. You could of course take local tours from Key spots reached by public transport or dare I suggest the best option of self drive?

Santa Monica...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

We've tried driving on the left-side of the road and don't like it. You do "get used to it," certainly, but from so many years of driving on the right-side of the road you always wonder what you might instinctively do in an emergency. That, while trying to figure out where you are and where you're going, well... no, we would rather not drive. And it's fun to meet new people on the train or in a bus.

Santa Monica...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

Unfortunately, Driftwood does not appear not to have any availability for the week we're going to be there.

5. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 May 2013, 04:35
6. Re: Best Sightseeing Tour Company (Four-Day Tour)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 07:16