We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

E D
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Balbriggan next weekend (Saturday - Monday).

I was wondering if anyone could advise of average taxi fares from Dublin city centre - say Dame Street / Camden Street area, to Main Street Balbriggan?

It would be late night / early morning so obviously take less traffic / greater cost per mile into consideration.

If its too expensive well probably just grab the last dart back to Balbriggan, and pub crawl our way back to the hotel! But it would be nice to have a full night out in the city centre.

Any help appreciated guys, been a few years since I've been in Dublin!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

You will be a long time waiting for the Dart because the service doesn't run out to Balbriggan. The last Irish Rail train to Balbriggan however from Connolly station leaves at 23.37 and takes 38 minutes. The single ticket price is 5.20 euro, which is considerably cheaper than a taxi I would suggest.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

Or there is a night bus on Friday & Saturday

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=265

and of course there is a bus to Belfast every night so you could just go home!

Edited: 16 April 2013, 13:17
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

You can get the Dundalk train which runs several times a day.

4. Re: Taxi from Dublin City Centre to Balbriggan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:17