We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Bank holiday weekend

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
August Bank holiday weekend

Hi - I'm thinking of visiting Dublin over the August Bank holiday weekend - arriving on Saturday night & returning late afternoon on the Monday. Does anyone know if attractions/shops will be shut on the Sunday or recommend stuff to see? We're not big drinkers but like exploring new places & enjoy the countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

you do know that the Irish bank holiday is 3rd to 5th August I expect.

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

Sorry, no I didn't know! I googled it and came up with the late August bank holiday dates!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

We won't be on holiday so everything as usual late August. Take a day trip out of the city - something like Wild Wicklow might fit the bill.

Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

Ah. I will be in Dublin over this week, flying out on the Monday. Could you answer the question for me please. Hoping to do some shopping over the weekend to bring home treasures for the family.

Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

Everything will be open, it is only a UK bank holiday, not one in Ireland. You can go shopping in the city centre that has most of the same high street shops as the UK or for Irish specific, there is Avoca, House of Ireland, Kilkenny Design all just off Grafton Street/beside Trinity College. Trip to Powerscourt in Wicklow is good for garden walks and another Avoca.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,861 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

Accommodation will be cheaper on the last rather than the first weekend of August.

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

8. Re: August Bank holiday weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:17