We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix Park and Dublin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Topic
Phoenix Park and Dublin

Hi,

We are travelling to Dublin 2 adults & 2 children aged 14 & 12 & 1 well behaved dog and will be spending a day there in August.

I was considering spending a couple of hours looking around the park and would be grateful if you could help me plan my daymy questions are:

Is there plenty of parking at the park & is there a charge?

Can you take dogs into the park?

We were also thinking of getting the city sightseeing bus and my question is can you get on it at the park and do they take dogs on board the bus?

If you cannot take dogs onto the bus we will have to plan our own sightseeing for the day.

Please let me know me know what the parking is like in Dublin? and the must does in the limited time we will have. My daughter's also like shopping.

Thanks

Edited: 12 June 2013, 22:36
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix Park and Dublin

I'm not sure of the Bye-Laws in the P Park which may/may not permit dogs - there are wild deer there! but it is huge!!! See http://www.phoenixpark.ie/ where you should find all the info. Parking in it is free to my knowledge.

Parking in Dublin is expensive in the multi-storey car parks.

Dublin Bus [Green HoHo buses] say "Animals other than guide dogs are carried on Dublin bus services at the discretion of the driver. According the by-laws governing Dublin Bus, you cannot bring an animal onto the bus if an authorised person (i.e., driver or inspector) asks you not to do so". So be sweet to the driver and have Fido well behaved and muzzled and ask ask nicely. Don't know about the Red HoHo buses.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix Park and Dublin

Hi MikeMike

No problem taking dogs into the Phoenix Park. At a certain time of the year some sections are closed to dogs due to Deer in foal, however, these areas will be clearly marked so no need to worry.

3. Re: Phoenix Park and Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:17