We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

Hi can anyone help me?? i will be arriving in dublin about 19.30 fri 14th and need somewhere to park in dublin center to be able to get dart to aviva stadium for robbie concert at 20.00??

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

Rather than travel into the very centre, you might consider leaving your car in the car park beside Clontarf Road DART station.

Belfast, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

Thankyou but I ve got booked into the q park at st stephens green do you know if theres a dart stop near there where i can take to aviva stadium or would i be best getting taxi?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

I wouldn't consider Stephens Green, if driving from the M1. It is quite difficult to reach there and you'd pass parking spaces on the way. If you are ending up there I'd certainly consider a taxi.

Belfast, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

i ve already booked into the q park as did nt want to risk not gettin parking space as were arriving so late, have u any idea how much taxi would be or could we walk from there to aviva?? thanks so much for ur help

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

Be sure to check what entrance you need to get to for the Aviva. It is a good walk, but you would probably be quicker walking, but it is about 25 minutes walk and unfortunately the weather is against us Robbie fans. Forecast is for heavy rain. Traffic around the area will be very heavy for either bus or taxi. Enjoy the concert!

Belfast, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

:( ack dont say that...lol im now considering parking at the point villiage as would be closer as coming from belfast and can get dart from there, ill just lose my money for q park for the pace i ve booked at st stephens green, do you think ill definably get parked there at 7pm ok??? stressed out...lol

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

No Dart from the Point, but you can walk to the stadium in 20 mins. What time are you leaving Belfast?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

The Point might be a better option, especially if you use the Port Tunnel. it would cut that time out. It costs €3 at that time of day. The problem is, it rules out getting a bus, which is an option from Stephen's Green.

Don't stress. Olly starts at 7.30, Robbie isn't on till 8.30, so at worst you'll miss Olly. Check which entrance route you have, so that you can map your walk in.

Most of all, enjoy!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

If you are parked in Stephens Green walk down to Nassau street and you have the choice odf buses all go by the Aviva one about every 3 minutes.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to park in dublin center to get dart to aviva stadium

wrappido is right, but the problem is it will take more time to get to Stephen's Green and then you will be in the thick of the traffic going to the Aviva if you get the bus. I think that would take at least 20 minutes more than just going through the port tunnel, parking at the Point and walking from there. That said - factoring the weather into it...........

Play it by ear. If the weather is horrendous, Stephen's green might be a better option. At worst if the bus is too slow you can get off and walk!