We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels near Airport

florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hostels near Airport

I am arriving the morning of june 26th and would like to know if anyone knew whether there were hostels near by the airport in Dublin. Or would i need to take a train. Also, what are a few fun things to do. Thanks for all the hlep guys.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels near Airport

Not sure about close to the airport but I stayed at the Globetrotters Hostel right near the main bus station and it was one of the best on my 5 week trip. Short bus ride in from the airport and within walking distance to most popular Dublin destinations...plus a hot breakfast in the morning!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels near Airport

Hi,

the airport is a good bit away from the city centre, as the crow flies it's only a few miles but the traffic means it can take an age to get into the city. Do you want to stay beside the airport or in the city?

I don't know about hostels beside the airport but there is a Travellodge which are usually cheap and clean...usually!

Bee

manchester england
Level Contributor
691 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostels near Airport

tulip inn reasonable hotel

florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostels near Airport

Im looking to stay in a hostel in the city. I guess I will jump a bus from the airport to the city, what do you recommend

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostels near Airport

Again, I highly reccomend the Globetrotters Hostel. Stay away from any of the Paddy's Palace's.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostels near Airport

There are no hostels near the airport that I know of. However, as previous posters have recommended, you can stay in the City and take the bus to the airport. I also would recommend Globetrotters. Stay away from the one right next to the bus station on Frenchmans Lane (or something similar) The trains run right by the windows! You can then take the express bus that goes right to the airport from Busaras. It only takes about 20 minutes to get there and costs a couple of Euro.

Or, if you have a car, and want to stay next to the airport, there is a small B&B right next to it. If you take the Santry exit from the roundabout at the airport, it is just on the right side. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. It cost about 30 Euro a few years ago. The rooms are small but clean and the breakfast is a do it your self of cereal, toast, tea/coffee etc. But it only takes 10 minutes to get to the airport. And I didn't really hear the planes so that was not a problem.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostels near Airport

Things to do in Dublin:

Book of Kells

National Museum

St. Michan's to see the mummies

The Zosimus Tour (night walking tour...very entertaining!)

Kilmainham Gaol

Literary Pub Crawl

Christchurch (see the mummified cat and rat)

Shopping on Grafton Street

Lunch at Brown Thomas on Grafton St!

Temple Bar area for nightlife

I would suggest taking the Hop On/Hop Off bus tour first thing. You can get your ticket and take the whole tour first and then stay on and get off at whatever interests you and then catch the next one to another interesting site.

Enjoy!

8. Re: Hostels near Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:16