We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractions Daily Schedule

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Attractions Daily Schedule

So we arrive in a week. Can't wait! Below are the top sites on the list and I was hoping for some guidance on what activities would be best to pair with each other on days we are in Dublin. We should have 3 or 4 days in Dublin to see the sites. How long and in what order would you recommend we see these? I would like to do all in 3 days if possible. Thanks! Also, if I am missing a major attraction, recommendations are welcome! We like architecture and irish history. One more thing...our 10 yr anniversary is July 5th. Any romantic restaurants with a view in the area?

Malhide Castle

St. Patricks

Christ Church

Book of Kells

Guinness

Jameson

Kilmain Gaol

Post Office/Walking tour

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

i forgot to add Dublin Castle. Want to hit that place as well.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

I'm heading to Dublin in a month and a lot of the sites you have listed I want to visit also my plan is to get the Green Hop on Hop off bus pass the first day and take the whole loop first... one to recover from Jet Lag and also so I can plan my stops on the next loop. If you go to the site http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/citytour.aspx

you can see the map of the route and most of the attractions you want to visit will be on there. I'm also doing 3 nights in Dublin upon arrival but plan a day trip to new grange and hill of tara on the third day... then heading south and west.

Good luck

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

Are you planning to do the day pass for attractions? I was looking at prices, and my concern is that I would not be able to see the amount of sites in 1 day to justify the price for a 35 euro day pass. I think I may just walk and ride public buses from attraction to attraction. I don't want to feel rushed at any attraction feeling I need to move on to get the money's worth. Also, it seems a good bit are free anyhow. New Grange is on my list as well for a day trip. As is Trim Castle. Dedicating a day to each of those trips. May add on Wicklow Mountains to the Trim Castle trip. Then at weeks end its off to the North for the Black Taxi tours and a pint at the Crown! Can't wait! Thanks for the link.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

Not sure of your 35 Euro ticket does that include airport transfers?... Looks like Hop on Hop off is 18 Euro for 2 days. There is another card that gives admission to some sites available at Heritage Ireland

www.heritageireland.ie/en/Info/HeritageCards/

sites are not just in Dublin but all over Ireland. I haven't figured it out if it's worth it by comparing individual entry costs. My sister lived in Dublin for 2 summers and said she never took a bus just walked everywhere I guess it's just personal preference.

Blackwood, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

The Dublin pass (www.dublinpass.ie) does include an airport transfer. I am traveling in November and when I compared individual entrance fees with the 35 euro pass it made sense to me to get it. The transfer, Guinness and Jameson pay for the pass and anything else is just icing on the cake. I will get to Christ church and the gaol for free. Everyone's choices on what they want to see is different, so I would suggest comparing you must sees with he Dublin pass list

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

Do you have to do all in 1 day? I agree it's a great deal but I was worried I would not have time to hit all the sites to make it worth it. Guinness and Jameson do almost cover it though.

Blackwood, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

They do offer passes for 2 or more days, but the price does go up. I think the 2 day is 55 Euro. You would just need to make sure it works for you

Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

After 2 full days tracking around a congested, crowded city (tame description) I would want to get out running and gasping for air. Having read your opening post, I strongly suggest you take the DART out to Dalkey and see another part/prettier part of Dublin. This is a lovely little lively town, full of great restaurants and pubs, and the coastal scenic walks are quite something. If I came to Dublin, I wouldn't want to miss.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 08:21
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

This is what I'd do.

Day 1

Get to the Book of Kells early in the morning, after that jump on a HOHO to Dublin Castle, St Patrick's Cathedral and Christchurch. Finish up at Guinness Storehouse.

Day 2

Get to Kilmainham early, after that use the HOHO to take you to Jameson. The HOHO will then take you to O'Connell St and GPO. Finish the HOHO tour. Do walking tour.

Day 3

Malahide or, as suggested above, Dalkey.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attractions Daily Schedule

Kilmainham Gaol and Dublin Castle are both great sites to learn about Irish history but both are done by a staff tour only. You may need to wait 30 minutes or more in prime tourist time for the next tour to begin.