We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

Hey guys my husband and I come to Ireland for the first time August 1st!!! So excited! I have been doing alot of research and had a few questions but I'll just ask this one right now till I get done searching the other stuff more in depth. We are doing a 4 day tour with Paddywagon tours and they offer a free shuttle from the airport to their hostel, yet we are not staying there but in Blooms Hotel in Temple Bar. So my question is should I take the free shuttle to the hostel then take a taxi to my hotel from the hostel? Or should we just a taxi from the airport straight to the hotel?

We will be in Dublin for 2 days before the tour starts so we are visiting alot of different things around Dublin so the other option I was looking into was the HOHO bus. They have a free airport shuttle too, so I am confused on what transportation I should do doing our trip. Thanks so much for any help :)

LFL Worldwide Chauffeur Services
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Aircoach
Taxis & Shuttles
Airlink
Taxis & Shuttles
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

oh should we do the Freedom Ticket????

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,878 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

Yup, take the shuttle into town and then a local taxi.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

A taxi from the airport to city centre will cost €25/30.

If your luggage is not too heavy, I would take the Paddywagon shuttle to their hostel and walk from there to Blooms Hotel, it will take about 15 minutes max - http://goo.gl/maps/74pgD

The 3 Day Freedom ticket (€28) will cover the Airlink747 airport express bus, which stops very close to Blooms (3 minute walk), and the HoHo and is also valid for all Dublin public bus services, which would be useful if you intend a lot of travelling around the city - although it is a very walkable city.

Another option would be to buy a 1 Day Rambler ticket €6.90) which is also valid for the Airlink 747 and the public bus service, and buy a separate ticket for the HoHo (€18) - which works out slightly cheaper, especially if you don't intend using the public buses.

Me - I'd take the free shuttle, walk from the hostel to Blooms, and just buy a HoHo ticket, which is valid for two days

4. Re: Free shuttle or just take a taxi to Blooms Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:18