We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
2 posts
Save Topic
Best places

Hi there looking to go Dublin with a big group of friends in October we are all 19 so want to experience the night life and the different clubbing places and where abouts people would recommend to stay?

Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places

Hi ClarkeeLDN

You would all probably enjoy staying in the Temple Bar area. I think a lot of clubs in Dublin have an over 21 policy though - somebody with a bit more up to date experience would be able to fill you in, my clubbing days are but a happy memory at the moment!

Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places

Lots of bars & clubs are 21 & over, they check ID strictly. A hostel around Temple Bar area would prob suit you but I'd recommend a google search to find out about the age restrictions for bars around the area. Maybe have a read of reviews on Hostelworld.com

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places

Stay in a hostel in the city, if there's a big group you can get a room to yourselves.

Take a trip out to the wright venue on a Friday, I think its only over 18s on Fridays.. Its out in Airside, in swords. (There not that strict anyways on id on Fridays if it is over 21s)

Play nightclub on d'olier is 18's and always has promos so drink is cheaper than most places.. ( only been there a few times but was always a great night)

I prefer the wright venue though..

Club M in temple bar is only open on weekends and is over 19s. That's good too..

So is palace nightclub.. I'm not sure if that is 21s and over but its huge and the music is great..(its a tad expensive I think)

Have a great trip..

Sorry I cant help with accommodation.. I live in Dublin so don't need acc.. Just taxis :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places

I haven't stayed here myself, but I doknowof a few who have stayedinthe Generator. It's in Smithfield so you are only a stroll across the Liffey from Temple Bar if that's where you wanna hang out!

generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/dublin/

And the reviews...

tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g186605-d2153102…

5. Re: Best places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 06:21