We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place to stay near the airport

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
A place to stay near the airport

Make a long story short, me and friend are renting a car.

Our flight leaves in the morning so we need to be in Dublin Airport at 8:00 A.M.

We want to stay at a cheap place, somewhere outside of Dublin center, in one of the subrubs, close to the airport.

We don't need anything fancy, just a quiet place to lay our heads for a night (we will be arriving at about 23:00 P.M.).

Thanks in advance for your help

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place to stay near the airport

You could try Seamount House in Swords. It's about 10 or 15 minutes' drive from the airport and it's what you describe - pretty cheap (at least it was when I was there 2 years ago) and while it's nothing fancy, it's clean and comfortable.

You'll just have to confirm about the late arrival, I expect, but I also expect the owners are used to people getting there late.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A place to stay near the airport

We just returned from Ireland. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Northwoods and were very pleased. The hotel is minutes from the airport. We checked in the night before and dropped off the car. In the morning, we took the free shuttle to the airport. Their shuttle leaves on the half hour, I believe, beginning at 5am.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A place to stay near the airport

Bewley's Hotel Dublin Airport might suit you, about 10 minutes form the airport - http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport. They provide a free airport shuttle service for guests.

It's just off the M50 and easy to get to. At the end of the M50 heading northwards, follow the directional signs for the N32/Malahide - you will see the hotel at second roundabout, on your left - you can't miss it, as there is no other building around

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A place to stay near the airport

The Metro Hotel is a little gem! Rooms are 50 euro.

Their shuttle bus costs 2 euro and takes about 10 minutes to/from the airport.

http://www.metrohoteldublinairport.com/

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A place to stay near the airport

Thank you everybody for the suggestions.

New York
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
837 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A place to stay near the airport

One last fair priced idea, but I'd skip their (extra price and not special) breakfast. There are plenty of places to catch something quite nearby. Look into (proximite suburban) Glasnevin's Egan's Guesthouse. You can park on streets as it's halfway to Dublin from the airport. Twenty minute or so brisk walk, or quick bus round the corner to Dublin town center. (Have exact change handy). See their own website including a quick video and TA reviews.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A place to stay near the airport

We stayed in the Premier Inn recently four of us in a family room for 61 euros and it was perfect :) Great staff and lovely big clean room .

Regards Deedee

8. Re: A place to stay near the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17