We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxis

I'm flying into Dublin Airport next Monday and will need a ride to my hotel in Dublin. Is it easy to get a taxi at Dublin Airport, and if so, which company would you recommend for service and a reasonable rate?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

Hi there,

the last few times I came out of the airport there has been a big queue at the taxi rank which moves really quicky. There isn't any particular company, all taxi's are pretty much the same. The cost depends on the traffic but I'd say about €20-30 on average to bring you to city centre but that route is a nightmare for traffic so it could well be more.

Bee

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

All taxis have the same rates... there is a taxi rank right outside the airport, so you should have no problem.

If you are arriving around morning rush hour, I would suggest getting a bus (fixed price) or waiting until till around 10am to journey by taxi into the city- the route into the city from the airport is VERY congested in the morning.

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

I would recommend getting the aircoach if it goes to your hotel. Check out www.aircoach.ie, or if you provide the name and location of your hotel we can tell you the best option.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

Hi,

I guess it depends on where your hotel is and what your plans for the rest of the day are, but what worked well for us recently (arriving around 8:30AM) was to take the airlink (city bus express service) into the central bus station, and then a taxi from there to our hotel. A day pass for the bus would have been €5- we got a bus plus Luas day pass for €7 each - then took a taxi to our hotel - €10 in our case. Going back home we took a taxi (from the Burlington Hotel) for just under €30 - on a Monday AM. At one point we had thought of taking the Aircoach (blue one - not connected with city bus) on the return trip (€7), but since it was pouring out - and the stop is about 2 city blocks away - opted for the taxi. We found both the drivers and other passengers on city bus to be really pleasand and helpful, but did have to wait awhile to get on - not a problem for us since we had no deadlines.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

Well, I'm off to the airport tomorrow. Everyone gave great advice and put my mind at ease. Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis

what hotel are you staying at and I'll give you the best way to get there?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis

Hi,

My husband and I are staying at JurysInn Christchurch Sep 9 with a car (I know I know) but we will be leaving the following morning to tour Ireland and then to Scotland for a wk. My question is in regards to the last night Sep 22. We will be arriving in Dublin from Edinburgh in early afternoon and depart the following day at noon. We would prefer to spend the 22nd in Dublin center over staying by the Airport. So how long and what is approx cost of taxi ride to city center from airport at 3 PM then again from center to airport at 9 AM Saturday? Or is Aircoach a viable option?

Thx, Dixie

8. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 13:17