We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro Trip Dublin!

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Euro Trip Dublin!

Hi everyone! My cousin and I are planning to visit Dublin next May. I will be a Junior and he will be a sophomore in college and we will be staying in a youth hostel for 4 days. Any ideas for what to do??

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

Tell us what your interests are. Have you looked at any guide books?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

Loads to do in Dublin, though I will leave it to the locals to make suggestions. Can I, in an effort to be helpful though, point out that the terms 'sophomore' and 'junior' mean nothing to (most) Irish readers! I think it means that you are both under 20? You are going to find a lot of examples of our English being different from your English, just something to keep in mind!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,278 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

Plenty of ideas on the top questions about Dublin on The right hand side of this page. So many things to do you will have no problem filling your days - as mentioned above let us know your interests and what you hope to see.

To mention a few ....Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity College, The Book of Kells, Dublin Castle, Guinness Storehouse and of course an endless amount of good pubs, lots of music and plenty of craic ;-)

Do a bit of research and come back to us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

If you guys are over 18 you guys can have a drink in Dublin. :-)

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

You might check out a Let's Go guide. I think don't think they have put out a print version in a while but you can download an up to date guide on the web site. I always found them to be the best for young, budget minded travelers.

Be careful picking your hostel. Some are really great and some will make you want to get arrested just so you don't have to sleep there

6. Re: Euro Trip Dublin!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:18