We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College Football in 2014

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
306 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
College Football in 2014

Penn state vs university of Central Florida playing at Croke Park on 30 Aug 2014.

Check out crokepark classic on web.

Regards

John

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College Football in 2014

And some tickets still available on ticketmaster.ie for europeans only. US visitors have to go through approved tour operators.

One advice for those willing to travel solo is to book your hotels as early as possible, last year for ND Vs Navy there were almost no rooms in the greater Dublin area well before the event.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College Football in 2014

I can't see there being AS much interest in Penn State v . Central Florida but would be a good idea to book hotels as soon as possible.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 13:53
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College Football in 2014

Same here, the Alumni groups from ND last year were also here for the Irish Roots pilgrimage, not sure Pennsylvania or Orlando will bring that many people.

And Croke Park offers an extra 30000 seats compared to the Aviva.... so there should be plenty of tickets for everyone.

I have my ticket already and I wish some of the big guns will show up in the future, my secret wish being Oklahoma paying a visit.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: College Football in 2014

I think you'll be surprised with the turn out! Penn State brings lots of support from it's large alumni group. And since they can't participate in a bowl game, there are lots of followers willing to put out some money to travel and see/support their team. We have a group of 12....wish we could get individual tix but they're only available in overpriced packages as of now. Any hotel recommendations? Looking for something easily accessible to Croke Park. Recommendations??

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,308 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: College Football in 2014

This is the closest one, for sure:

doylecollection.com/locations/dublin_hotels/…

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: College Football in 2014

I'd say you should look at a hotel around the city center, Croke Park is well within walking distance for gameday and if you choose to the train can get you to Drumcondra Train Station from city center. You'll be about 500m for the stadium.

Last year ND marching band walked through the city center before heading to the stadium, it was superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlygRzTKu6Q

FYI, first tickets here are 80 euros for a main lower stand and around 40 in the endzone.

And some of the areas around Croke Park I wouldn't walk there alone at night...

7. Re: College Football in 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19