We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. We're travelling to Dublin to collect family including two infants on Sunday evening so are taking two cars. (Children need a lot of stuff!!)

I've only ever parked in Dublin once years ago for a two week holiday and remember the car being far away from the terminal and it taking about 30 minutes to get from the car to the terminal. Otherwise we use Bewleys' stay and fly option.

This time we need a short-stay option, ideally as close to Terminal 1 as possible as the toddler and baby will be very tired and it's a 3 hour drive home :(

Can anyone advise me on the difference between Terminal 1 Short-term Carpark C and Short term carpark A?

I looked at pricing full day to give us flexibility but it's coming up as very expensive (18.5 euro! not the 9.95 quoted) so I guess we just go for the drive up parking rates which look like 12 euro for 3 hours which should cover us?

Anyone any experience and/or tips?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Hi Ponaire

The short term carparks are within close proximity to the terminal. I have a funny feeling that one of them is closed at the moment for refurbishment. There's little or no difference between whether you are in A or C - both will have you in the arrivals hall within 2/3 minutes.

Were you in the long term carpark the last time?

Don't forget to have your €1.90 each way for the M1 Toll if you are driving Belfast/Dublin route

Probably not an option for you, especially should you wish to "welcome" the arrivals, but we usually use the Coachmans Inn Carpark as a holding bay when collecting anyone from the airport. They phone coming through baggage hall, and we pick them up in the (ahem) Departures Setdown area and save on the parking.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Hi Little Pumpkin :)

Thank you!

Yes - I think we were in the long-stay last time and it honestly seemed to take forever to get to the terminal.

The Coachman's Inn is a good tip. I don't know where it is but will keep a look out for it. We may stop at the service station for a bit but if Coachman's Inn is closer, that would be a good option:)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

I'm not very good at directions, but if you come off the M1 heading for the airport, when you come to the airport roundabout (traffic light controlled), instead of exiting at 12 o'clock to enter into the airport complex, exit at 3 o'clock (heading on the R132 for Swords). The Coachmans Inn is directly on your right hand side.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Thank you :)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Yesterday only C was open. If that's still the option go to leval six for close lift access.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

€12.00 for three hours and €16.50 for three hours one minute so keep an eye on that clock!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

We're spoilt at Belfast International!! Will definitely keep an eye on the clock. Can't see us needing more than 4 hours though to justify paying the daily rate.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Little Pumpkin's directions for the Coachman's are good and I'll add a little to them - at that airport roundabout, there is a sculpture (representing the tail fin of an aeroplane, I believe) in the middle of that roundabout. Take the 3rd exit, for Swords. However, to get to the Coachmans, you will need to travel to the next roundabout (0.5 of a mile approx), traffic light controlled also, and take the 4th exit - in effect you are travelling back to where you have come from, and you can now enter the Coachmansm about 100 yards from the roundabout, which will now be on your left.

I also use there to wait, until I get my phone call from whoever I may be picking up. I always tell them not to phone until they have actually collected their bags, as you are only 5 minutes from the airport, and you can't really afford to be waiting to pick up someone in the departures set down area - the security guys there can be a bit stroppy sometimes and will not allow you to pick up, especially if it is busy. Also, the fact that you have to load up two cars might/will take longer than normal and therefore picking up at the departures set down area might not be as easy or as quick as it might need to be. If you are using this method to collect, tell your passengers that once they come into the arrivals hall, to immediately go upstairs to the departures area and wait for you outside at the set down area, perhaps when they come out, turn to their right and walk down 50/60 metres from the first pedestrian crossing , where you will attract less attention.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to use the short term car parking, just follow the directions to Terminal 1, and you will pick up the signs for the short term car parking. It is €3.00 for the first hour, €4.50 per hour or part of, thereafter - so, 60 minutes cost €3, 61 minutes will cost €7.50.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

Good man Fenla!

I never thought that you'd have to go to the next roundabout to come back in on the Coachmans as I'd usually come through Swords.

I'd agree about the security. Funny enough, we always pick up (or are picked up) to the left of when you come out of departures , and at the end of the set down area. It always seems quieter as the concentration of vehicles is usually further back nearer the start of the set down area.

Jeez, hopefully we haven't put the Hex on ourselves mentioning our little free collection pickup trick! We'll probably be moved on the next time!

Edited: 06 August 2013, 22:31
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Short-term (pick up) carparking for Terminal 1.

If you check the flight is on time before entering the car park you won't need more than 1 hour, unless you plan on eating or shopping at the airport