We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

I have a one ticket connection (JFK->DUB->Abu Dhabi) at Dublin. Both the flights arrive and depart from T2 and there is a layover time of 2 hrs. Can anyone familiar with the T2 at Dublin airport help me with some of these questions please?

1) In your opinion is the 2 hr layover time enough

2) Since I am a transit passenger, do I need to go through immigration and passport control at Dublin airport?

3) What is the Transfer procedure at T2?

Thanks.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
876 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

After searching the airport website www.dublinairport.com it appears that information on transferring is classified. I eventually found this link dublinairport.com/gns/…terminal-2.aspx but even that isn't very clear. You could email them for some advice because they clearly don't want to make it easy. The contrast with London Heathrow is shocking.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

Thanks Lightblue7. Got a response from them

"When the passenger arrives he will not go through regular passport control or immigration. He will follow the signs for the transfer corridor where he will bypass passport control as he is not entering the country. He will there be rescreened and enter the departure lounge where all gates will be fully signposted."

I guess this answers my questions.

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

Plenty of time, JFK flight gets in early in the morning you will be ok.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

just wanted to update everyone on my situation. Everything went well on my trip to Abu Dhabi while transiting through Dublin. The people at the Dublin airport were very helpful. There were clear signs for transit passengers at T2 and it took me about 20 mins to go from gate to gate.

On the way back, my flight to JFK from dublin got canceled, so the airline booked us a room in a hotel just outside the airport. The passport control guys understood the situation and issued me a 2 day visa and asked me to enjoy my time here. (I don't have a US passport or green card). I have very pleasant memories of the city.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

thanks for coming back to us with your update - most don't bother.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

Glad it worked out!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,871 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

That's good to hear....thanks for following up!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

Come back and visit longer while passing through again.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

Thanks for coming back to us with that useful information.

Glad you got to spend some time in Ireland, hope you come back again soon:-)

10. Re: jfk to dublin to abu-dhabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 07:17