We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another hotel question

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Another hotel question

I will be traveling to Ireland May 16 for 13 days in the country. I have heard that tourist season starts around that time. How soon should I start booking hotels/ BB's? I have been browsing other posts on here also. Early planning ideas are: Dublin, Cork, Killarney(maybe), Galway, Dublin.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another hotel question

Tourist season officially begins on March 17th, but don't worry peak visitor season is not really until June - September,

You need to start looking for accomms just after new year and then begin booking from February to get the choices that you want.

Obviously the earlier you do this the better choice you will have.

Be aware that smaller B&B's close for Winter (November to March) and may not deal with booking enquiries during that period.

Come back with questions as you find accommodations that interest you nearer the time.

As for Cork city, here are three to get you started that won't disappoint you

Garnish House www.garnish.ie

Fernroyd House www.fernroydhouse.com

Gabriel House.www.gabrielhousebb.com

All get excellent reviews on TA

Good cork city hotels

Clarion

River Lee

Hayfield Manor

Missouri
Level Contributor
154 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another hotel question

"Be aware that smaller B&B's close for Winter (November to March) and may not deal with booking enquiries during that period."

So, Bryno, is it possible or advisable to make contact with B&B's in September or October to book for next June? Or will they book that far out? Thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another hotel question

Booking for June next year can wait until next year. No need to book them this year. March will be plenty of time to start booking for June

Missouri
Level Contributor
154 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another hotel question

Thank you!

colorado
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another hotel question

Thanks Bruno I will look into those.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 17:37
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Another hotel question

No need to book, at that time of year.

Wing it.

7. Re: Another hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:22