We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on accommodation please!

Kinross, Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Help on accommodation please!

My old (50 with attitude) school friend Karen and I have 2 nights in Dublin 31 July to 2 August. She lives in Yorkshire and I'm in Scotland, so all searching for a twin room is being done over the internet, and that's possibly not a good thing as there's so much choice/review sites/prices that we are befogged! I've had 1 day in Dublin previously (courtesy of a 99p Ryanair flight), so I have an idea of the layout, but we need help choosing.

We'd like a bit of ambiance(!), are not into roughing it, pleasant, quiet, stylish, central and not more than £50 per night per person if possible. A tall order.

We'd probably like to have the style, peace and individuality of The Schoolhouse (not really central) and the home cooked/baked breakfast of Trinity Lodge with the ambiance of Brooks for the price of Mrs MacLumpher's B and B. Any suggestions?

County Westmeath...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on accommodation please!

My wife and I travel to Dublin a few times a year and love the city centre buzz around Grafton Street.

Our favourite hotels are Brooks and The Westbury (www.jurys.com)

Check out both their websites but I remember actually getting a better rate from Brooks by emailing the hotel. Both have great locations just off Grafton Street. The dates you have picked are Monday to Wednesday so there should be good value to be had as opposed to weekends. The Stephens Green Hotel looks good although I have never stayed there, it can be good value. Try also other 'posh' hotels in the same area that might be doing mid week deals such as The Fitzwilliam or The Merrion.

The Morrison (Interior design by John Rocca) on the other side of the Liffey do reasonable rates but according to this site the reviews are mixed.

For me, you can't beat the buzz or location of The Westbury. I am not being influenced by the fact that we were upgraded to a massive suite at no extra charge and we felt like royalty for the night !!

The strength of your sterling should get you into one of the above for 100 pounds.

Kinross, Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on accommodation please!

Thank you Cunningm. We're grateful for your recommendations and will check them all.

3. Re: Help on accommodation please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 17:19