We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with my itinerary

Chicago USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with my itinerary

I'll be arriving in Dublin on Sat Oct 19th at 2:45PM. I have 6 full days to look around Ireland and my plans were to stay 3 days in Galway and 3 days in Dublin.

When I arrive in Dublin, I want to take either train or bus to Galway and return to Dublin in 3 days. Which method of transportation is best not considering price. I want to get there fast and safe.

Do you think 3 days is enough for both cities? I'm not looking for night life but enjoy the beauty of Ireland and its historic.

I have not booked the hotels yet since I did not set my locations to visit.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with my itinerary

Three days in each is a good mix. Use the train for transit.

www.irishrail.ie

What is your hotel budget per night please?

Chicago USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with my itinerary

$100-$120 per night for hotel budget.

I haven't been able to do alot of research because of my hectic work schedule but do you think we can manage without renting a car in Galway? I'm not completely sure what there is to see at Galway but I wanted to go near the coast and country side. I'm not looking for the city life but more quiet while im in Galway or maybe someone can recommend me another city for that.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with my itinerary

If you are travelling to Galway from the airport I'd go by bus as they depart directly from the airport. To take the train you will have to travel into the city centre and this could add up to an hour to your journey.

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360752896-020X.pdf

citylink.ie/images/citylink-dublin-express-t…

http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=1

4. Re: Help with my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 14:05
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with my itinerary

Is Lufthansa going to get you from Dublin to Galway?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with my itinerary

Surbhi S - 3 posts all praising Lufthansa...... I'm no cynic but.... !!!!

7. Re: Help with my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:35