We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa in Drumcondra

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
383 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Spa in Drumcondra

Hello everyone, traveling to Ireland tomorrow with my mother, this is her "dream vacation" and I would like to make it a very special memory for her. I would like to start with a spa treatment. We are arriving on Thur. very early 8:50 but our hotel check-in is at 15:00, we are with a tour group and the hotel is not a very good one, according to TA reviews but it is the only tour company that would take us to all the places we wanted to see. The hotel (Regency) has a spa which is next door but given their reviews, I don't trust them. Hotel Regency on Swords Rd. Can someone suggest another spa that is close to our hotel? basically getting off a long international flight and would like a nice massage and some pampering.

Thanks for your time and help

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Dublin
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Collins Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Irish Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa in Drumcondra

What a lovely idea for your mum. I'm not familiar with the spa in the Regency but I will say that most hotel spas that I have been to here in Ireland are generally leased out to be run by a local beautician, rather than the hotel itself. Maybe have a quick look around yourself when you arrive and if it looks ok, give it a go!

If the weather is as nice as it is today, your mum might enjoy a stroll around the National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin, which is about a 30 minute walk or 10 minute drive from the Regency.

http://www.botanicgardens.ie/

Off Griffith Avenue in Drumcondra, about a 10 minute walk from the hotel there is a lovely local restaurant and coffee shop that you could bring her to for a first Irish cup of Tea!

http://andersons.ie/contact-us/

Have a safe trip and a lovely holiday with your mum.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 13:22
Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
383 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa in Drumcondra

Thank you for your suggestions, we had a lovely trip and very much enjoyed Ireland and it's people who were uber-friendly. What a warm and inviting country. We ended up taking a stroll and having tea and biscuits as the spa couldn't accommodate us at the time we needed.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa in Drumcondra

Glad you had a great time here - hope you'll both be back one day!

P.s.love that avatar!

4. Re: Spa in Drumcondra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:18