We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Dublin?

San Diego
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Dublin?

We have a group of 5 coming to Dublin in a couple of weeks. We are all in our 40's and are wondering in what part of the city we should be looking to stay? We'd like to be as centrally located as possible and would like to be able to walk as much as possible to bars, restaurants etc. Should we be looking at staying in a hotel? a B&B? any recommendations would be appreciated!

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

There's rather a large selection... what is your budget per night... in Euros?

San Diego
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

Probably would want to keep it at 150 Euros or less but could go more than that if we found a great place to stay!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

Have a look at Brooks Hotel, Buswells hotel, The O'Callaghan Hotel Group and The Morrisson and see if any of them take your fancy!

California
Level Contributor
194 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

I really enjoyed my recent stay at Buswell's, can't beat the location.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

I had a great experience at Brook's Hotel a few years ago. Great location and nice room for the price. Very helpful staff as well.

Ive recently booked a trip to Dublin and used the Orbitz website. Take a look at orbitz and use the promo code travel5(for 5% off hotel only) or 150VACA(for $150 off flight/hotel package). Hope that helps...

Also...when looking for a place to stay in Dublin I usually narrow my search by looking for hotels by Trinity College or St. Stephens Green.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

This one might fit the bill.

www.trinitycapitalhotel.com/

Glenside...
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

We enjoyed our stay at the Arlington Hotel - OConnell Bridge, and they also have a location directly in Temple Bar.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

Any advice or recommendations between the Amberley Guest House or Brooks Hotel? 3 adults for 2 nights in the beginning of June? Thank you very much!

13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

Splurge and stay at the Shelbourne. It is beautiful.

13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Dublin?

Splurge and stay at the Shelbourne. It is beautiful.