We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

want to take Sept 26 bus from Galway to Belfast.

I can buy buseirann ticket online for galway to dublin airport but website says can't sell me an online ticket to belfast/northern ireland.

I have read that I can buy an ulster bus ticket from dub airport to belfast.

How do I buy a through ticket on buseirann from galway to belfast?

is the buseiran dub airport dropoff near the ulster bus to belfast pickup location?

If i do different bus companies for the segments, how do i get from the be dropoff to the ulster bus pickup airport location?

Am I better of doing two different bus companies as opposed to busier for the complete trip?

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

Have a look at your other thread on the same subject tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k682228…

Buy your ticket from the bus driver.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

Hi, I have purchased cross-border through tickets in the past - you should ask at the Galway bus station, they may be able to sell a ticket from Galway-Belfast. You just can't buy them online.

As for the Dublin Airport-Belfast route - you take a single bus for the journey. At the airport, the bus will either be a red Bus Eireann or a blue Translink bus - the 2 bus companies share this route. This schedule shows what color your bus will be. You can buy your ticket on the bus, in euros.

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1367495210-001X.pdf

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.belfast.php

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

The walk between where the Galway bus will drop you off (zone 13)and where the Belfast bus will pick you (zone 10) up is about 2 minutes.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

I have been looking at buseirann/translink schedules.

Am I correct that these airlink schedules are for a different company for dublin-belfast travel?

If so, where is the Airlink dropoff location for Dublin City Centre (O'Connell Street)(S) ?

what is the cross street and how far is that to walk to the Morison Hotel on Jervis St and lower ormond quay?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

The Aircoach departs from the Garda Station/Police Station on O'Connell St just across the road from The Gresham Hotel. Here are walking directions from your hotel http://goo.gl/maps/7Hokm

7. Re: buying bus ticket dublin airport to belfast center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:18