We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin trip in March 2014

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin trip in March 2014

Hello, we have booked to come over to Dublin to watch the 6 nations Ireland/~Italy game, and then stay a few days to do some sightseeing. Can you advise me how long we should stay? Would the Sunday and Monday be enough to see all the sights? or should we go for a bit longer. We would like to see the Guinness Storehouse, and Dublin castle can you tell me what else would be worth seeing?

Many thanks!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin trip in March 2014

Some of the museums close on a Monday. So if these are of interest you will need to visit on a Sunday.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin trip in March 2014

Gosh, there are so many many more things to see and do in Dublin, you really could spend a lot longer and still not see everything. Kilmainham Gaol, Glasnevin Cemetery, The Phoenix Park, Dublinia, The Book of Kells.....I could go on and on but have a quick look at the top questions about Dublin on the righthand side of this page, The questions 'What can I see and do in Dublin' and 'What do locals like to do with their own visitors 'will give you plenty of ideas.

Have fun planning!

Maple Shade, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin trip in March 2014

I just returned from a trip to Ireland in September. We started in Dublin, arriving early Sunday morning after a 6+ hour flight that started the night before. We didn't get much sleep so didn't accomplish as much as I might have hoped that first day. We did manage Trinity College, The Book of Kells, a walk through St. Stephens Green, and some of FlightFest. Our second day had us out by 10AM, seeing Christ Church, Dublinia, St Patrick's and Guinness Storehouse. Most tourist sites close by 5-6PM, so spending a few hours in a place limits the total number you can accomplish in a day. We were leaving the next day, but definitely could have used a full day again to see more. Hope that helps.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin trip in March 2014

Thank you so much for your replies, I am of now to do some more research and maybe extend our stay!

5. Re: Dublin trip in March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 06:19