We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Dublin
Level Contributor
148 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Hi,

My in laws are visiting from Scotland this weekend. We would like to take them for a traditional Sunday lunch. We live in Terenure and would like to go somewhere within 30 - 45 mins drive. Somewhere fairly casual with good food and a nice atmosphere would be great. My father-in-law is a wheelchair user to it has to be accessible. I am running out of ideas so any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Carvery is not my favourite but I have friends who are nuts about it.

They highly recommend the Yacht in Clontarf which although opposite side of the city should has the required access and some views to boot.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,955 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Good carvery at this one and it's just up the road.

www.themorgue.ie/

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

My in laws like the Eden in Rathfarnham. http://www.yelp.ie/biz/the-eden-pub-dublin

Dublin
Level Contributor
148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions!! I appreciate the feedback. We were stuck for ideas...I prob should not have said carvery by carvery I mean traditional food. Thanks again I will have a wee look into them!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Mulligans in Stonybatter do a great Sunday roast

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Good call on the Morgue, Lord Kimnage. Dead on!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

The Old Mill in Tallaght(Old Bawn road)

The Deadmans Inn,N4 Lucan road.

The Loft Restaurant @ The Ryevale,Pound Street,Leixlip(worked here myself before,lovely food).

The Laurels In Clondalkin village.

Joel's on the Naas road.

Browns Barn also on the Naas road/N 7.

Sparky.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Forgot to mention The Arc cafe bar,close to Liffey valley S.C,food is generally very good here too,with offers regularly on Groupon,also children eat free with a paying adult on a Sunday.

Need any info on any of the places I mentioned just ask,iv eaten in almost all of them.

Sparky.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

Or Johnny Foxes, http://www.jfp.ie/

10. Re: Carvery Sunday Lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:19