We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin at night (with a family)

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin at night (with a family)

We are visiting Dublin next week Wed - Fri with our two sons aged 12 and 14yrs. Staying on O'Connell Street, can anyone offer any suggestions as to what we can do or where to go in the evenings including places to eat. Many many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
303 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin at night (with a family)

To eat - Captain America's on Grafton Street. Hamburgers, cokes and cocktails. Artwork and autographs by U2. A good spot for all ages and a Dublin classic.

Out in the evenings - maybe the Ghost Bus Tour -although the website says "Not suitable for persons 14 years or under". I have heard good reports of this tour.

Monday to Friday at 8.00 pm

Outdoor visits take place in all weather - please dress appropriately.

Tour Price: Adult €25.00

All tours start and end at Dublin Bus,

59 Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin at night (with a family)

I was there three weeks ago with my 17 and 15 year olds. Check out Trinity College. Maybe take in one of the great museums around the squares. My kids both really loved the Guinness storehouse tour and Kilmainham jail.

Shopping on both sides of O'connell street just above the Liffey, and definitely do Grafton street. Maybe temple bar if between 5 and 9 pm. Later than that and it is a bit more adult than you might want.

Paul G.

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin at night (with a family)

I wouldnt go on the ghost bus-I went on it with some friends and it wasnt great and definitely not worth the money.

There is the Thunder Road cafe in Temple bar is you want to grab a bite to eat. I would try and visit Kilmainham Jail if you have time-its brilliant and I would think that your sons would really enjoy it

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin at night (with a family)

Captain Americas would be a good place for them to eat.

Dubliners are famous for going to the cinema- apparently we go more often than any other city in Europe. there are a number of good cinemas in Dublin city centre- the Savoy on O'Connell Street (Screen 1 in the Savoy is the BEST screen in Dublin- its HUGE) and the Cineplex (I forget its name now) on Parnell Street.

If your kids are adventurous with food, there are loads of good Chinese and Asian restaurants around that area. One of my favourtes is Allilang (Purple Korean restaurant on Parnell Street- the other side of the Parnell monument from the cinema). They have very reasonable, and VERY fun Korean BBQ where you cook your dinner on a hot plate in front of you... if your kids arnt too conservative about what they eat I think they would love it.

5. Re: Dublin at night (with a family)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 01:15