We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malahide & Howth

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Malahide & Howth

please i need of a informacion:

it s likely that, at spring, i will visite Dublin for same days!

My first question is:

if i take a accomodation at Dublin,

it s posible or praticably, in the usual day, to go a Malahide and Howth?

If i start with the DART early morning , i get around to go also a Howth in the afternoon?

Thank u at all that will help me.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malahide & Howth

You will be able to visit both places in the one day. Get the DART in the morning from the city centre to Malahide. The journey time is about 25 minutes. Malahide is a lovely small coastal village with a nice atmosphere and plenty of restaurants and coffe shops. If the weather is good and you like walking, there is a lovely two mile walk by the coast to Portmarnock, where there is a beautiful beach.

From Portmarnock get the #102 bus to Sutton train station (journey time 15 minutes) and from Sutton get a DART to Howth Village (journey time 5 minutes) - do not go to Howth Junction which is in the opposite direction. Howth village is a small fishing port, again with many restaurants and coffee shops. In Howth you can get the #31 bus that will bring you up to Howth Summit for magnificent view of Dublin Bay and the surrounding coastline, and there are nice walks around Howth Head. You can get the #31 bus back into the city centre or the DART from Howth Village.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 20:21
Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malahide & Howth

You have been very kind ....

Thank you so much for the speed in responding to and the quality of information on ....

I hope to be able to implement my desire to visit Dublin next spring.

I wish you a good day

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malahide & Howth

If you don't feel like walking, you can get the 102 bus at Malahide also.

Alternatively, take the train back to Howth Junction station and cross to Platform 2 for the train to Howth.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malahide & Howth

thanks to you too @ 171956 for your intervention, even me your information will be very useful.

good day

5. Re: Malahide & Howth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:20